Sunday, February 17, 2008

A WEEKEND GET - A - WAY TO MILWAUKEE . . . .

Mike surprised me with a night away. We drove to Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It is two hours away. We went to dinner, lounged around in our huge room, and went to the Art museum the next day. It was so much fun to have time together.... to have a date. Between Mike getting his MBA, the hours of painting I have done in our homes, moving and having a baby we have not had a lot of time together. I love being married to the greatest guy!



I had a delicious pasta dinner and some fresh brewed Rootbeer. It was so yummy after a month of eating mostly cheerios and pancakes.




I fell asleep on the big comfy bed during the movie. Quiet time does not come often!



In downtown Milwaukee there were many old buildings with beautiful Architecture. Nothing compared to my favorite city.... Boston, and my second love Chicago!



Picture in front of the Art Museum with Lake Michigan in the background.




I loved this painting, as it reminded me of the same candies we would get at Christmas time. I love the amazing talent it takes to paint a picture that looks exactly like a photograph.




Mike was showing the "Wax" Janitor how to use a cell phone. I thought this man was real when I walked by him.



I loved this painting out of every object in the whole museum. She captured my soul. She was darling! I loved the way the painter captured her with the pastle color and light. This portrait of Charlotte Francoise Debure was done by Catherine Lusurier in 1776. It was beautiful. It reminded me of the colors & light that are in Claude Monet's paintings that I love so much. I kept going back to look at her.

Thats the end of the story..... back to life of playing with kids, cleaning and whatever else comes my way.

Love you all. Aleath

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Looks like you had a great time!